- Enrol 8th/10th Pass students as Student Trainees / Trade apprentices / Optional Trade Apprentices for the program from anywhere in India
- Register the trainees either with DGT (NCVT) for Level 3 & 4 courses or with Centurion University for Level 5 & above courses
- Partner with industry to engage student-trainees or apprentices for the On The Job training component
- Engage Student Trainee or Trade Apprentices as well as Optional Trade Apprentices with curriculum set as per NCVT trade or apprenticeship training under Optional Trade.
- Facilitate engagement of student trainees / apprentices over 10 years with total stipend payments as per the rate prescribed by the Apprentices Act, 1961 as amended from time to time. Ensure that employers pay stipends at least equal to prescribed under the Apprentices Act, 1961 as amended from time to time for a particular state.
- Include all diploma holders, vocation education or vocational training certificate holder (ITI) and standard VIII pass outs in accordance with the Apprentices Act, 1961 as amended from time to time, for the sectors listed above
- Comply with provisions of the Flexi MoU OR Apprentices Act, 1961 and rules made thereunder.
- Organize a review session once a quarter with MSDE on the progress made.
- Assess candidates based on the outcome of the task assigned by the employer and NCVT framework
- Provide details of apprentices engaged on the apprenticeship portal of MSDE.
Request for support
It is proposed to launch the WISQ program across India and have Pan India recognition of the qualifications.
We request for the following support from Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship:
- Allow CUTM-Gram Tarang to engage student trainees or apprentices over a period of 10 years across India.
- Pan India recognition of the qualifications offered (NCVT or Centurion University certifications) and Grant recognition WISQ courses & Centurion University certifications across the country irrespective of geography, work location & origin of trainee
- Allow employers to set off the number of apprentices that they chose to engage in facilitation through WISQ against the number they need to engage under The Apprentices Act, 1961 if the training is conducted in accordance with the Act as set out above.
- Allow WISQ Trainees to use their credits earned at all learning institutes under Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, as and when such credit transfer framework is in place.
- Allowing flexibility through different modes of learning for theoretical and practical training keeping in mind, the future need arising from the optional trades across a larger section of industries.
- Work with CUTM-Gram Tarang continuously to expand the apprentices’ scheme in India in accordance with Apprentices Act, 1961 as amended from time to time.
- Allow CUTM-Gram Tarang to include Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship as a partner organization in the program.
- 25,000 youth to be trained & deployed as student trainees or apprentices per year over 10 years (capacity to be developed over 2-3 years)