ABOUT THE CLUB
Adventure club dedicated to all centurions for exploring their talents by experiment with the nature in terms of enjoyment and social growth. Thrill of adventure and love of nature always push to explore remote and far-flung areas and to find new destinations. To face the hardships of such kind of experience and in order to quench the thirst of a vagabond instinct; there are several activities in the world, which can be included in the category of adventure.
All the activities of this club are planned jointly by the club members and the faculty in-charge.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CLUB
The basic concept to establish this club is to promote healthy adventure activities, especially camping, trekking and climbing etc.
The other objectives are as follows:
- To make concrete efforts to minimize the increasing rate of pollution in mountains.
- To create awakening among public at large regarding protection of wildlife.
- To create sense of utility of forests and to avoid deforestation.
- To develop the sense of importance of adventure sports in youth.
- To restrict youths from narcotics by offering them healthy activities.
- To collect and publish authentic information regarding areas, altitudes and distances.
- To train its members and produce camp councillors and professional guides.
- To provide assistance to its members and to others regarding arrangement of their expeditions.
- To provide technical assistance to other clubs, organizations & individuals.
- To explore new dimensions in adventure tourism.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB (DONE)
- Blind Programming competition at CIT.
- Visit to SOS village at Khandagiri on independent day 15th August 2013.
- Trekking at Barunei Hills on 27th September 2013.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB (PLANNED)
- Blind Programming
- Awareness Camp
TIMING OF THE CLUB
Friday: 2:30 – 4:45 P.M.
FACULTY IN CHARGE
Prof. Sumanjit Das
Dept. of CSE
- Nirmal Kumar Mishra, 3rd Year – Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Madhusmita Das, 3rd Year – Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Dhananjay Nayak, 3rdYear – EEE
- Sworaj Kumar Nayak, 3rdYear - ECE